Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Personal Research Journey

I chose to research school readiness skills across the country and what different organizations are doing to help increase the number the number of children entering kindergarten is fully ready to learn. Two local organizations that I have been following are Ready at Five, www.readyatfive.org and the Maryland Family Network, www.marylandfamilynetwork.org

Both of these organizations are very well known in Maryland and are involved with Public Policy on the local and National level. They are involved in tracking school readiness scores and providing the assistance needed for child care providers to build the quality of the education they provide, and are huge advocates for Early Childhood Education.

School readiness scores not only show the percentage of children ready to enter kindergarten but they also show where skills need to be improved. Many child care training organizations look at these scores to determine the training they provide in different areas.

I am looking forward to doing more research on this subject and finding other organizations across the country that tracks these scores and what they are doing to help improve them.

1 comment:

  1. Linda,

    My topic is similar to yours! I am researching the benefits of developmentally appropriate academic expectations in early childhood. I am interested in the organizations in your area. I may look for similar organizations in mine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete